Windows Server 2019 Standard ROK (Dell)
Dell ROK kits can only be installed on new Dell Servers. Dell will only support OS/Server combinations that are Dell Validated.
• Designed for business with more than 25 users and 50 devices
• Easily extend your datacenter to the cloud
• Help prevent host intrusion with Windows Defender Exploit Guard
• Limit administrator privileges with Just-In-Time and Just Enough Administration
• 16 core license pack included, NOT include Client Access License (CALs)
Hybrid capabilities with Azure
Advanced multilayer security
Faster innovation for applications
Unprecedented hyper-converged infrastructure
Connect Windows Server deployments to Azure services
Use natively integrated services such as Azure Backup and Azure Site Recovery without disrupting applications and infrastructure with Windows Admin Center.
Faster innovation for applications
Enable the creation of cloud-native apps, and modernize traditional apps using containers and microservices. Enable Developers and IT Pros to create cloud native apps, and modernize traditional apps using containers and microservices.
Use the Windows Admin Center to manage your servers, clusters, hyper-converged infrastructure, and Windows 10 PCs with a browser-based app.
Improved Linux operations
Run Linux and Windows containers side by side. Windows Server 2019 reduces complexity by enabling developers to use standard tools such as Open SSH, Curl, and Tar.
- 1.4 GHz 64-bit processor
- Compatible with x64 instruction set
- Supports NX and DEP
- Supports CMPXCHG16b, LAHF/SAHF, and PrefetchW
- Supports Second Level Address Translation (EPT or NPT)
The following are the estimated minimum RAM requirements for this product:
- 512 MB (2 GB for Server with Desktop Experience installation option)
- ECC (Error Correcting Code) type or similar technology
Hard disk space
The following are the estimated minimum disk space requirements for the system partition: 32 GB.
Computers running this release also must have the following:
- DVD drive (if you intend to install the operating system from DVD media)
The following items are not strictly required, but are necessary for certain features:
- UEFI 2.3.1c-based system and firmware that supports secure boot
- Trusted Platform Module
- Graphics device and monitor capable of Super VGA (1024 x 768) or higher-resolution
- Keyboard and Microsoft® mouse (or other compatible pointing device)
- Internet access (fees may apply)
Safeguard intellectual assets
Address security breaches with integrated Windows Defender Advanced Threat Detection.
About Windows Server
Windows Server 2019 is the operating system that bridges on-premises environments with Azure services, enabling hybrid scenarios that maximize existing investments. Increase security and reduce business risk with multiple layers of protection built into the operating system. Evolve your datacenter infrastructure to achieve greater efficiency and scale with Hyper-converged Infrastructure. Enable developers and IT pros to create cloud native applications and modernize their traditional apps using containers and micro-services.
Choose from three primary editions of Windows Server, based on the size of your organization as well as virtualization and datacenter requirements:
- Datacenter edition is ideal for highly virtualized and software-defined datacenter environments. Datacenter edition is licensed under the Per Core/CAL* license model and requires a Windows Server CAL for access to the server.
- Standard edition is ideal for customers with low density or non-virtualized environments. Standard edition is licensed under the Per Core/CAL* license model and requires a Windows Server CAL for access to the server.
- Essentials edition is a cloud-connected first server, ideal for small businesses with up to 25 users and 50 devices. Essentials is a good option for customers currently using the Foundation edition, which has been discontinued. Essentials edition is licensed under the Specialty Servers license model and does not require Windows Server CALs to access the server.
To give you a more consistent licensing experience across multi-cloud environments, we transitioned from processor-based licensing to core-based licensing for Windows Server 2019 Datacenter and Standard editions. For specific pricing, contact our sales representative.
|Windows Server 2019 Edition||Ideal for||Licensing model||CAL requirements|
|Datacenter||Highly virtualized datacenters and cloud environments||Core-based||Windows Server CAL|
|Standard||Physical or minimally virtualized environments||Core-based||Windows Server CAL|
|Essentials||Small businesses with up to 25 users and 50 devices||Specialty servers (server license)||No CAL required|
 CALs are required for every user or device accessing a server.