Windows Server 2019 Essentials
• For small businesses with up to 25 users and 50 devices
• Easily extend your datacenter to the cloud
• Help prevent host intrusion with Windows Defender Exploit Guard
• Limit administrator privileges with Just-In-Time and Just Enough Administration
• No Client Access License required
Hybrid capabilities with Azure
Advanced multilayer security
Faster innovation for applications
Unprecedented hyper-converged infrastructure
Connect Windows Server deployments to Azure services
Use natively integrated services such as Azure Backup and Azure Site Recovery without disrupting applications and infrastructure with Windows Admin Center.
Faster innovation for applications
Enable the creation of cloud-native apps, and modernize traditional apps using containers and microservices. Enable Developers and IT Pros to create cloud native apps, and modernize traditional apps using containers and microservices.
Use the Windows Admin Center to manage your servers, clusters, hyper-converged infrastructure, and Windows 10 PCs with a browser-based app.
Improved Linux operations
Run Linux and Windows containers side by side. Windows Server 2019 reduces complexity by enabling developers to use standard tools such as Open SSH, Curl, and Tar.
- CPU socket: 1.4 GHz (64-bit processor) or faster for single core
- Memory (RAM): 2GB
- Hard disks and available storage space: 160GB hard disk with a 60GB system partition
- Network adapter: Gigabit Ethernet adapter (10/100/1000baseT PHY/MAC)
- Internet: Some functionality may require Internet access (fees may apply) or a Microsoft account
- Supported Client operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Macintosh OS X versions 10.5 to 10.8.
Note: Some features require professional or higher editions.
1 GB of available hard drive space (a portion of this disk will be freed after installation)
- Router: A router or firewall that supports IPv4 NAT or IPv6
Safeguard intellectual assets
Address security breaches with integrated Windows Defender Advanced Threat Detection.
About Windows Server
Windows Server 2019 is the operating system that bridges on-premises environments with Azure services, enabling hybrid scenarios that maximize existing investments. Increase security and reduce business risk with multiple layers of protection built into the operating system. Evolve your datacenter infrastructure to achieve greater efficiency and scale with Hyper-converged Infrastructure. Enable developers and IT pros to create cloud native applications and modernize their traditional apps using containers and micro-services.
Choose from three primary editions of Windows Server, based on the size of your organization as well as virtualization and datacenter requirements:
- Datacenter edition is ideal for highly virtualized and software-defined datacenter environments. Datacenter edition is licensed under the Per Core/CAL* license model and requires a Windows Server CAL for access to the server.
- Standard edition is ideal for customers with low density or non-virtualized environments. Standard edition is licensed under the Per Core/CAL* license model and requires a Windows Server CAL for access to the server.
- Essentials edition is a cloud-connected first server, ideal for small businesses with up to 25 users and 50 devices. Essentials is a good option for customers currently using the Foundation edition, which has been discontinued. Essentials edition is licensed under the Specialty Servers license model and does not require Windows Server CALs to access the server.
To give you a more consistent licensing experience across multi-cloud environments, we transitioned from processor-based licensing to core-based licensing for Windows Server 2019 Datacenter and Standard editions. For specific pricing, contact our sales representative.
|Windows Server 2019 Edition||Ideal for||Licensing model||CAL requirements|
|Datacenter||Highly virtualized datacenters and cloud environments||Core-based||Windows Server CAL|
|Standard||Physical or minimally virtualized environments||Core-based||Windows Server CAL|
|Essentials||Small businesses with up to 25 users and 50 devices||Specialty servers (server license)||No CAL required|
 CALs are required for every user or device accessing a server.